This new certified Zero Energy Ready contemporary home has four bedrooms, three full bathrooms, and a half bath. The master bedroom enjoys a huge walk-in closet. The home is built on a steep suburban lot, with many of the home’s windows overlooking the Mianus River and in the distance, the Long Island Sound, affording the homeowners a spectacular view.
Type: New Construction, Custom Green Home, Zero Energy Ready Home
- The open kitchen/dining/living area features a 15-foot lift-and-slide door that leads to a large deck
- The master suite on the third floor has views out to the Long Island Sound and features a large walk-in closet
- The lowest floor has an additional small deck off the den
Green Building Approaches:
- In addition to 2×6 walls dense-packed with cellulose, the exterior is clad with an Exterior Insulated Finishing System that has 2” of continuous EPS foam insulation
- The home’s R values are Roof R-45, Walls: R-30, the slab: R-24.
- The EIFS system includes a Weather Resistive Barrier with taped seams to help the house achieve airtightness of 0.95 ACH50
- Orientation/design optimizes passive wintertime solar energy gains
- European triple-glazed aluminum-clad doors and tilt/turn windows with u-values of 0.2 (R-5)
- The 15 foot set of lift-and-slide triple-pane glass doors to the deck make for a better, more airtight seal for a large movable glass wall than other types of movable glass wall systems.
- Three small ducted air-source heat pump systems are used for heating and cooling
- Two independent energy recovery ventilation systems
- An on-demand propane water heater provides hot water.
- 100% LED lighting throughout