Established in 1998 by brothers Mike and Chris Trolle, BPC Green Builders is one of the very first builders in Connecticut to specialize in high-performance, sustainable, green homes.
Certified Passive House
Passive House & LEED for Homes Platinum Certified, Net Zero Energy Home, & Positive Energy Home
Today, BPC is one of the leading custom green home builders and green renovation contractors in Connecticut and New York, completing more than 44 of the highest performing and most energy-efficient custom home projects in New England. Winning many national green building awards and certifications, BPC is widely recognized as the region’s leading custom green builder.
Certified Zero Energy Ready Home Built to Passive House Standards and will be Zero Energy Home when planned Solar Panels are installed.
Better Built Custom Homes
Known for outstanding leadership and innovation in residential green building, BPC’s extensive training in the science of high-performance homebuilding and years of experience applying the latest in green standards and technologies sets it apart. Coupled with strong engineering and design backgrounds, BPC delivers a high level of craftsmanship and expertise that is unparalleled.
The Trolle’s brand of custom green build begins with an airtight exterior “thermal envelope” and includes precision control over the movement of air, heat, and moisture between the indoor and outdoor environments. This control sets the stage for better health, comfort, safety, durability, and maintenance.
BPC Green Builders Put Clients First
BPC’s experienced and technically skilled team delivers personalized service and attention. BPC educates and guides clients from beginning to end, delivering personalized service. The more you learn, the more you realize the advantages and benefits of building Green.
We act as a close advisor and builder to help get the most from your home and within your budget. Our team approach includes consultation on initial designs to maximize the utilization of specialized green advancements and achievement of high performance needed to assure each project meets or exceeds targeted green building standards.
While helping educate and advise on green building options, strategies, costs, and benefits, the BPC Team works closely with clients on customizing projects to align with their priorities. Each custom home or renovation project is designed around delivering solutions to clients’ individual needs, specific goals, priorities, and objectives. Using creative design options, solid building science principles and leading-edge green building approaches, BPC homes deliver healthy, energy efficient and sustainable benefits. Visit our client testimonial page
BPC Homes Offer Proven Benefits
Using advanced building science and green building materials, BPC’s carefully designed, well built green homes are simply better homes offering benefits unequaled by conventional home builders.
- Energy savings and efficiency
- Healthy living with excellent indoor air-quality
- Comfortable, draft-free, and smoothly controlled temperatures and humidity
- Lower homeownership costs, minimized maintenance and replacement expenses
- Environmentally conscious and responsible
- Promote sustainable development
- Enhanced resale value
BPC’s Impressive Track Record and Award Winning Achievements
- Built the first and only American Lung Association House in Connecticut.
- Managed and constructed dozens of custom projects and homes that exceed ENERGY STAR FOR NEW HOMES®
- Currently building all new homes to the DOE Zero Energy Ready Home standard as our benchmark.
- Recipients of numerous local and national awards and prominent certifications including LEED for Homes, Net Zero, and Passive House.
- Exceptional HERS scores, including three homes achieving beyond net zero with negative HERS scores up to -17.
- Numerous Net Zero custom built homes that are among the very best in the nation. These homes often generate more energy than they use which can then be sold to the power companies.
Learn More About BPC’s Certifications and Awards
BPC is a Leading Authority on Healthy, Sustainable, High-Performance, Energy-Efficient Custom Green Homes
Articles about our work and expertise have appeared in: