BPC’s Team of Professionals
It Takes a Well-Qualified and Experienced Team to Build High-Performance Homes
Building superior green homes requires a team of skilled craftsmen. Building custom green homes requires an extensive understanding of building science, engineering principles and experience completing homes that meet many green industry standards and certifications.
Founded by Mike and Chris Trolle in 1998, BPC Green Builders’ team of exceptional designers, engineers and construction professionals are among the area’s finest. Many on BPC’s team have specialized training and/or certifications and licenses in architecture, home design, green building, engineering and residential construction. BPC’s team includes many specialty trade contractors as well as building materials and product suppliers and manufacturers.
Principals and Founders
Two Brothers, One Mission
Both Michael N. Trolle and Chris T. Trolle are dedicated to helping homeowners create the most leading high performance and environmentally responsible homes that meet their lifestyle.
Michael N. Trolle, Co-Founder & Principal
Mike brings twenty years of experience in residential construction and development to the table. During this time, he has worked with many leaders in the field of building science and green building. He has continued to stay on the cutting edge of the field and is passionate about building energy efficient, healthy, sustainable, green homes. He is also committed to increasing awareness and adoption of the latest practices.
In his work at BPC Green Builders, Mike has been responsible for groundbreaking projects in Connecticut and surrounding New York State counties that include:
- The first and only American Lung Association Health House in Connecticut.
- The first LEED for Homes project to achieve a Platinum rating in Fairfield County.
- The first PHIUS certified Passive House in Connecticut.
Mike founded the Green Homes Committee of the Connecticut Green Building Council, which he chaired for many years. He also served for ten years on the Affordable Housing Committee in Ridgefield. During this time, the Committee’s work resulted in the development of twenty new units of affordable housing, and zoning regulations were changed to permit accessory apartments.
Mike’s background includes twelve years at CB Richard Ellis, a commercial real estate company, where he was 1st Vice President. During this time, he brokered transactions worth over $300,000,000 and was twice a member of the company’s elite Colbert Coldwell Circle. Previous to that, he taught secondary English in the public school system.
Mike holds a BA in geography, an MA in American literature, and an ABC (Advanced Business Certificate) from the UCONN MBA program.
Christopher T. Trolle, Co-Founder & Principal
Chris is a licensed professional engineer (PE) in Connecticut and New York with over 25 years of experience in construction management; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system design, and energy-use assessments and audits. Chris’ grasp of advanced building science principles allows him to resolve unusual problems and to educate others on building practices and how systems interrelate.
While on-board at BPC, Chris has managed the construction of several noteworthy green homes, that include:
- The first home in Connecticut to receive certification under the USGBC LEED for Homes pilot program.
- A unique project to restore a noteworthy contemporary-style house designed by the renowned architect Serge Chermayeff, as well as to create a new thermal envelope that wraps the existing structure while retaining the exterior appearance of the original house.
- A net zero faculty home for the Taft School that was certified as both a PHIUS Passive House and a LEED Platinum home; and was honored as the top green home in the country by the USGBC for 2016, as well as receiving the top Housing Innovation award from the DOE for 2016.
In addition to residential project management, Chris has assisted builders and homeowners in his capacity as both a licensed engineer and a project manager for BPC. He has provided expert witness testimony related to building science and mechanical issues. His diagnostic and evaluation work has provided Chris with a unique perspective on the problems and opportunities associated with improving the performance of both new and existing homes in the region.
Chris holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering. He is a member of ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers); and NSPE (National Society of Professional Engineers).
The BPC Team Has Extensive Expertise in many aspects of Green Building
- Site Selection and Preparation
- Zoning and Environmental Regulations
- Architecture and Design
- Building Engineering
- Building Science
- Building Codes
- Green Building Standards
- Healthy Home Standards
- Green Materials and Product Selection
- Efficient Heating, Cooling, and ventilation Systems
- Project Planning
- Project Management
- Green Construction Methods
- Residential Construction
- Hardscape landscaping
- Building Performance Testing and Evaluation