BPC Continuing Education Presentation
to the Connecticut AIA
Mike and Chris Trolle of BPC Green Builders were invited by the Committee on the Environment of the Connecticut chapter of the American Institute of Architects, to speak to its members regarding a builder’s perspective on green building. The continuing education presentation took place June 30, 2009.
The Kantor residence in New Canaan, Connecticut, was used to illustrate the green building strategies used by BPC and the other design and construction professionals who contributed to the project. The Kantor home has been certified at the top Platinum tier within LEED for Homes; also at the top Emerald tier by the National Green Building Standard. The home has won multiple awards, as well. Read our News report on these awards. Follow this link for a tour of the home.
Mike and Chris were joined by four members of the team involved in this project, as well as the owners. All of the presentations are available here for you to study.
- Owner’s perspective – Nate Kantor, (homeowner)
- Thermal and moisture control strategies – Mike Trolle, BPC Green Builders
- Heating and cooling systems – Chris Trolle, BPC Green Builders
- LEED for Homes requirements – Karla Donnelly, Steven Winter Associates
- Landscape design – Keith Beaver, Didona Associates
- Solar photovoltaic and hot water systems – Leigh Seddon, Alteris Renewables
- Fireplace design consultant – Mike Van Buren, Blazing Design
- Architectural design principles and approach – Jim Edgcomb, The Design Group